Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 29 - In this month what have I learnt?

A 'hur' of a lot to be entirely honest........ but to name a few and not bore you to oblivion and back again:

  • Spontaneity is not to be ignored
  • That I do not need many materialistic objects to live contently
  • To be entirely respectful, and responsible, of the little bits that I do NEED in my kit bag to survive
  • Fawns aren't just found in fairytales
  • The name of the conference centre just outside of Bulls is called "FLock House" - The name has been on the tip of my tongue for a few weeks!
  • You can buy a taxidermied hawk for $850 in Wellington or a taxidermied possum holding a rifle for $57.95 on Trademe
  • Savings do actually accumulate if you forget about them
  • Pregnant woman can, and will, eat whole bags of chippies if left to their own devices
  • It is imperative to keep your fingernails short during the teaching term
  • Money definately does not grow on trees, no matter how much you fertilise the soil

and........

  • A tiny percentage of people who want to borrow your phone in the middle of a rain storm, are in fact escaped convicts from the Wanganui District Courthouse... (remind me to tell you this particular story one day - please?)




Italian Phrase of the Day: "mostrami le tue incisioni" - show me your etchings..

No comments: