Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
A Sesame Street Clip that I do remember...
BABUSHKA: From Russian бабушка (bábuška, “grandmother, granny”), diminutive of баба (bába, “old woman”). Also known as Russian Nesting Dolls, and Matryoshkas, Babushka's make up a set of a wooden figures which separate, top from bottom, to reveal a smaller figure of the same sort inside, which has, in turn, another figure inside of it, and so on. The number of nested figures is traditionally at least five, but can be much more, up to several dozen with sufficiently fine craftsmanship. Modern dolls often yield an odd number of figures but this is not an absolute rule; the original Zvyozdochkin set, for instance, had an even number. The form is approximately cylindrical, with a rounded top for the head, tapering toward the bottom, with little or no protruding features; the dolls have no hands (except those that are painted).
Italian Phrase of the day: "Amo il mio mama"- I love my mama..
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Italian Phrase of the Day: "Ti presento un amici mi, Louis" This is my friend, Louis....
Friday, March 18, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Italian Phrase of the day:
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Mostly, the smile is sooo grand, I'm often not too sure what to do with it......
- Wake to the alarm of the body clock (more often then not!)
- Doze for a bit - light dreams of more sleep time
- Literally leap out of bed with dreadlocks standing on end and sleep wrinkles on either side of my nose....
- A visit to the wharepaku - as you do.....
- Espresso coffee pot goes onto the stovetop...... Very important...
- I'm practising 5 minute showers for the backpacking styles in Europe, and I tend to execute this while the organic, fairtrade coffee tis brewing....
- A grand coffee, and some fruit and yoghurt with the sun upon my kanohi - and a quick quiet time to contemplate the day ahead (this was also the time to puff on a couple of hikareti - but alas, those days are looong gone and entirely missed sometimes)
- Then, I whip the dreadlocks into place..... and brush up my teeth
- and............. flee out the door at approx 7:30am, merrily singing "hi ho, hi ho, it's off to mahi I go...!"
Italian Phrase of the Day: Buongiorno voi merdina....
Monday, March 14, 2011
One grand thing I remember, at the age of apprx. 16 years, is a dream I had of my papa (he'd been gone say 8 years by this time).. He picked me up in his beautiful styley Holden Special 1967 vehicle, and took me for a driving lesson - my first one ever, and with column change!
When I learnt to drive in waking life (thanks ever sooo to my glorious cousin Kirsti and her ever trusty wagon which always ran happily on empty), I remembered a few tricks of the trade that my papa had taught me......
- No need to keep your foot on the brake while you ride the accelerator
- Window ledges are for resting your elbows
- Always wear a seatbelt, always.......
And now my grand wagon that I adore, has been sold and is awaiting the installation of new CV joints - I will miss thee dearly and hope to behold myself a beautiful van on my return from the grand continent of Europe - of which there is only 12 weeks and 2 days until departure...... soo close yet sooooo far....
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Italian Phrase of the day: Potete parlare tedesco? - Can you speak German?
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Italian Phrase of the day: Amo le uova, dalla mia testa giù ai miei piedini - I love eggs, from my head down to my legs....
Friday, March 11, 2011
Day 02- If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be and why? Name the pet and tell us any special tricks or traits it might have.
A Giant Tortoise w0uld indeed cut the mustard - but it may just have to be a knitted one as I have sworn never ever to let a creature, whether it be four legged, furry or scaly, ever befriend me, ever, again in my life.... ever!
But how's this browsy below whose "pimped his ride"!? ooowaaah... now thats ingenuity in its best form - wonder if he has a remote control, or whether the wheel has ever run him over because it gets impatient with the slowness - like the random 40km drivers on Mosston Road when your running a tad to late for work because you've never needed an alarm clock but just this once your body clock failed you?
While wiling over a grand cup of real coffee, with my grand browsy Daniel the other morning, I spied four Jamaican tortoises on the telly box... okay, so admittedly they were humans dressed up in giant tortoise costumes, but struth Ruth, they were entirely funny with green dreadlocks and congo drums.... Daniel was near done choking with laughter on his rice bubbles!
I'd call my giant tortoise 'Rico'... and it would speak fluent Italian...
Italian Phrase of The Day: "Lo ho trovato un tortoise giamaicano, uomo."
I found me a Jamaican tortoise, man!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Day 01- Buy a piece of fruit, post a photo and tell us why you bought this type of fruit. Keep it in a safe place for the month.
Italian Phrase of the Day: "Milioni de peschi per me"