Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 07- Who is your all time favourite artist and what is their best piece/s?


Dutch painter Johannes Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring has to be, I must admit, one of fmy all time favourite paintings..... Today the painting is kept in the Mauritshuis gallery in the Hague - but where fore art thou is Hague?? Oh hold on one moment while I consult Google....

Ah ha.... tis the third largest city in the Netherlands, therefore I can sleep easy (aided by a few G&T's aswell) knowing that perhaps I may just be able to behold the painting in real life - very soon infact!

I myself, own a print of this glorious painting, of which I acquired in an auction to aid mama Lisa's journey to Vietnam a few years back... I must admit that mama Lisa has often enquired of buying it back but I cannot part with it - although if anything happens to me in my own wee journey, I have left specific instructions that it be delivered to her beautiful hands.. Not that I am expecting anything to occur, but best we be safe rather then ever so sorry.....

Above is a wee personal take on the painting - My dear sister Becks arrived home from Ghana with a head full of braids.. We wrapped her up and indulged in a photo shoot.... Blessed beauty she is indeed!
Italian Phrase of the day: Bellisimo!

No comments: