Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 19 - Nicknames I have and why?


Ha! Honestly where does one start? Well I suppose the beginning is a fair enough place..
  1. Poola - A whaanau pet name.
  2. Annie - Oh, the ginger Afro I had as a wee one!
  3. Puha - A school name that stuck from taking puha and pork bones for lunch..
  4. Pu - Now this one originated from "Puha" and stuck like glue for many years and it still comes up every now and then...
  5. Purerehua/Purere - I was gifted this name by a beautiful man who claimed I had eyes like the puriri moth....
  6. Auny (Aunty without the 'T') - From my beloved niece as a three year old.. Even now, at 13, if she's after some awhi and Aroha, she'll whip this one out..
  7. Sissa - A name that my "Sissa" and I use inistead of our first names...
  8. Rere - A dirivitive from Purere.. In Maaori it means to fly...!? I love it when it is hollered "Reeeeeereeeeeee..............................".
  9. Rer's - This is a southern belle version of Rere.. Sometimes with a 'Z' sound...
  10. Rooster - My beloved cousin named me this when the dreadlocks began to form..
  11. Paula Ann - A professional version of my birth name, and one that was used as a child if I was in trouble...
  12. VASA - This must be yelled.....! Especially from 14 year old's...
  13. Mama - A grand term of endearment..
  14. and..... "Mia Bella Merdina" (My beautiful little shit.....)...

A Grand Brother of mine wrote the following tune many years ago, not long after i'd leapt out of a beautiful tree in Taranaki and rearrange my waewae - he rung whilst I was in recovery and played it load and clear down the phone to me.....


Italian phrase of the day: "Francesco ha un cuore d'oro" - Francesca has a heart of gold....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really Rere, I mean Chicken George looks like you got the Youtube thing sorted x x x

Unknown said...

you forgot one..............

Paula Ann without an 'E' said...

which one?