Right... it has been a very long time indeed and I've only just realized how much I adore the treats of writing and also the tricks to accomplishing a mihana (mission) - not just a New Years resolution mihana but the challenge of 101 mihana's in 1001 days.... yus, I am about to obliterate my procrastinating shoes... Denita Tizard - have you not told me about this sort of trick before? http://dayzeroproject.com/
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. That's roughly 143 weeks,
32.8 months and 2.74 years... roughly...
Tasks must be specific (ie no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic.
Why 1001 days?
Many people have created lists in the past - simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a grand period of time - more grander than a year. 1001 days allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing certain tasks such as overseas trips....
The Start Date: January 22nd 2013.
The End Date: October 20th 2015.
Those goals struck out have gladly, and lovingly, been accomplished...
Hmmmm...... Folllowing is my list, not in order of preference or in the order that I will whip them out but in the order that they leap into my head (and I've started with a couple of tricks that I previously wanted to conquer this year and have been proudly successful in nutting out!)... Yup...
Clear lungs of tobacco for forever. Learn to draw people's faces so it actually resembles them.2013
- Talk someone into teaching me how to use a chainsaw - its just like a lawnmower yes?
Conjure up a Taihape Ukulele Orchestra.5/13 Complete a "photo of the year" trick- Started January 2013, completed Dec 2013. Fly in a plane.April 2014, July 2014 & April 2015.
- Dance on a roof in the rain.
Master the art of bread making.
- Travel with a caravan on the back of my wagon.
- Throw gumboots at the Taihape Gumboot day.
Plant an orchard of fruit treesAugust 2013.
- Plant a wild area for tamariki to leap about in.
Clear out my storage unit and give most of it to the Op shopSeptember 2013.
- Keep the worm farm alive.
- Ride a flying fox.
- Buy a print of the 1950 painting "The Green Lady" by
Vladimir Tretchikoff.November 2013. Leap about in a puddle.April 2015.
- Teach a four yr old to play the ukulele.
- Buy a wooden box drum.
- Paint a Scottish mural..
- Bake a Rainbow cake.
- Write in this here blog at least once a week for three months solid.
- Clear up any debt.
Learn to play barre chords.2014.
- Write at least 3 sassy blues tunes.
Graduate with a Bachelor in ECEOctober 2013.
- Reshape my chicken wing arms.
Learn how to do a fishtail braid.4/13
- Hike in the Ruahine Ranges.
- Take a grand photograph of my whaanau.
- Sew leather patches on the elbows of my cardigans.
Make snow angels.July 2013.
- Drink 3 litres of water a day for two months.
Teach kapahaka to the tamariki.2015. Get my very first tattoo.March 2015 Find out my blood type.September 2015. Make a hanging clothes dryer frameAugust 2013. Chuck out or donate clothes I do not ever wear.Ongoing. Plant 'No Dig' gardens full of vege's and herbs.5/13 Read all of George R.R martin's booksNovember 2013. Make toasted muesli more often then not.Best to use coconut oil and honey.
- Horse trekking at River Valley with Jewel Violet.
Get a zip put in my Dr Marten Boot- 4/13 Its parfait, but now I should do the other one....
- Paint on teeshirts with bleach.
- Karaoke until the sun comes up?
Host a Mad Hatter's Tea Party.October 2014.
- Sell Kimono's at the market.
Master cider making2013. Make my own deodorant.2015.
- Collate kindergarten recipes and publish - a fundraiser?
Help Kyle and Shellie restore thei r teepee .04/13... Spray and walk away!
- Have my dreadlocks professionally tightened just once!
- Celebrate Matariki.
- Star gaze at the Ward Observatory in Whanganui.
- Hand sew something on canvas.
- Sort my Europe photographs and make a coffee table book.
- Make cheese from scratch.
Keep my office space under controlNovember 2013. Recycle all paper from my office spaceNovember 2013.
Fall in love.04/13.. But maybe I need to be more specific? Encourage someone else to write a 101 list.December 2015.
- Cover my lounge floor in sheepskins.
Visit Aotearoa's Stone Henge.February 2014.
- Play a solo ukulele gig.
- Be a Guerilla Gardener.
Buy a pasta machine(October 2013) and make beetroot pasta.
- Do 30 random acts of kindness and don't let on.
Wear lipstick for one whole day!?September 2013. Write a set of poems2013
- Spend a white christmas in New York.
- Record an album of original children's songs on the ukulele.
- Build an earth oven/kiln.
- Stay in a yurt.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Drink 3 ltrs water everyday for two months.
Visit my nan once a month2013.
- Watch an outdoor movie.
- Partake in a flashmob.
- Make 5 different playlists and send them to unsuspecting characters.
- Swim outdoors in the winter.
- Give birth.
Pay for a strangers coffee. 04/05/13 Refurnish a piece of furniture.A wooden telephone seat/table recovered with an old favourite skirt of mine.
- Get my full license.
- Spend a whole day Op shopping.
- Fix a cracked friendship.
- Make at least one leather bag.
- Road Trip with the girly pearls to somewhere none of us have ever been.
- Gather kaimoana.
- Fill frames with prints of Mt Taranaki, and hang.
- Have a girly weekend with my mama and sissa.
- Write a children's story.
Brew beer.December 2014. Get stuck in the mud at a music festival.April 2015.
- Crochet a peggy square blanket.
Have chickens in the back yard.March 2014.
- Mend someone elses socks.
- Decoupage a musical instrument.
- Take a good vitamin everyday for one month.
- Be professionally fitted for bras.